We here at Hydradry have seen our fair share of damages towards homeowners. We’re right there to help you out when it matters most with our restoration team. When fire, water, or mold damage leaves your property in ruins, we’re here to help you pick up the pieces. Our solutions are truly the new science of restorative drying. We offer expert home restoration services in Tampa to ensure that you have a reliable clean-up crew to turn to in times of trouble. We would like to also offer a guide on protecting yourselves during any major sudden storms.
HOW TO PREPARE YOUR HOME FOR A HURRICANE
PRE SEASON TIPS – WHAT TO GET READY BEFORE THE STORM SEASON IS HERE.
- Enter the storm/hurricane season prepared, make sure you know all evacuation routes if you live near the coast.
- Make sure your current home meets all the building codes for withstanding hurricanes, and that it has storm shutters.
- Make sure you purchase a kit in case of emergencies containing bandages, flashlights, wraps.
- Having a kit of proper tools and food rations/supplies or non-perishable foods is also recommended.
- Have plenty of batteries and flashlights on hand.
When a warning is issued – Alerts going off? GET READY!
Protect your windows with plywood boards, or storm shutters. Make sure board as secure.
- Secure outside objects. Make sure lawn/backyard furniture is secure or else you may never see it again.
- Pay attention to local weather reports on radio, television, or the internet.
- Make sure you have plenty of fuel and water. In the instance, the storm settles and all major gas stations nearby are out of order, you will need fuel to get around. You may also need fuel if any of you homeowners have a backup generator. Water is major, have plenty back up for yourself and family.
- If your location is called to evacuate, do so immediately. Things can be replaced. Be ready to put your evacuation plan into action.
DURING THE STORM
- During the event, stay indoors, stay in your most secure room.
- Stay away from windows, even though you may have boarded them up, things may collide them and break the glass.
- Do not use the phone or candles. Keep your cell phone battery life for after the storm. Use it to document all damages with photos and video. Make only important calls. Lighting candles is a bad idea. Having the light is fine, but in the instance, they knock over or fall over to cause a bigger fire only makes the moments during a storm worse.
- Monitor Weather and Civil Service Bulletins on either regular or NOAA radio.
- Remain indoors when the eye moves over your area because the storm will resume shortly.
AFTER THE STORM
- Make sure that everything is clear outside. Be absolutely sure that the storm has completely passed before going out.
- Report any downed power lines. If you see any on the ground stay away from them.
- Use your stored rations of foods and water during this time.
- Be patient, after going through a major storm, it will be some time until things are back to normal.
WHAT HYDRADRY CAN DO FOR YOU
It is impossible to predict when disaster will strike, so when they do, people often find themselves in need of prompt help from a Hillsborough County disaster recovery team. Regardless of the cause of damage, our team can help you get out of water, fire, and mold damage. Our priority is to show up as quickly as we can after a disaster to clean up, repair, and restore your property. For fast, excellent disaster recovery service, talk to the experts at Hydradry in Tampa to make an appointment. Call us now at (407) 706-4860